NOTICE OF 2021 ANNUAL MEMBER MEETING
FOR SELKIRK WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
Re-posted March 8, 2021
Masks and Social Distancing Required
The Board of Directors of Selkirk Water Supply Corporation, a non-profit corporation organized under Texas Water Code Chapter 67, located in the community of Selkirk Island in Matagorda County, Texas, hereby gives notice in accordance with the Texas Government Code, section 551 et seq, that a public meeting is to be held at the Selkirk Island Volunteer Fire Station, 1203 County Road 243, Bay City, Texas, on Friday, March 12th at 6:00 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to:
AGENDA FOR THE 2021 ANNUAL MEMBERS’ MEETING
- Meeting called to order by President Karen Crain.
- Reading of the 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes
- Reading of the Resolution declaring Election cancelled. Harley Aaron and Debbie Pilcik were unopposed.
Updated Board terms:
Harley Aaron & Debbie Pilcik 2021
Jerry Wheeler & Margaret Dobbs 2022
Karen Crain, Melvin Gavender, & Walter Urbish 2023
- System update summary
- Financial status summary; Budget Discussion and Board approval
- Open forum from members who signed up to speak – limited to three minutes each.
- Comments from the newly elected directors.
- Closing comments by President and meeting adjournment.
Regular Business Meeting and Election of Board Officers for 2021-2022 Immediately FOLLOWING Annual Meeting.
Notice and Agenda
Selkirk Water Supply Corporation Bi-Monthly Meeting
Posting Date March 8, 2021
The Board of Directors of Selkirk Water Supply Corporation, a non-profit corporation organized under Texas Water Code Chapter 67, located in the community of Selkirk Island in Matagorda County, Texas hereby gives notice in accordance with the Texas Government Code, section 551 et seq, that the board meeting is to be held at the Selkirk Island Volunteer Fire Station, 1203 County Road 243, Bay City, Texas on Friday, March 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM or immediately following the Annual Meeting.
- Meeting Called to Order by President Karen Crain.
- Election of New Officers for 2021
- Visitors Introduced
- Approve January 8, 2021 Minutes
- EDK Operations Review (a.)Freeze problems (b.)#3 well tripping in Jan. (c.)Water leak at #2 well (d.)Replacing Flush pts.-shutdown to put into boxes and locking for security- 10- 15 homes- Annual meeting (e.)Flushing formula to get better estimate (f.)Reports Jan/Feb (g.)Outside Tank inspections form; pricing for inside cleaning/inspection(h.)Water loss Audit-May 1 (i.)Testing needed: some tests were done in 2/10/2020; Any contact from Third Coast Sampling or TCEQ? (j.)Costs of meters and wand readers cost estimate-written (k.)Contract signed (l.)CSIs-timeline (m.)Job list
- Complete report on water outage and power outage prior to Evan arrival-Karen
- Discuss RVS/Office Manager’s Operations Report–emailed to directors; No late fees or cut offs; work list
- Treasury Report- Margaret; Pass out Financial Spreadsheets;
- Barbara and Jerry resignations discussion/acceptance; copy into minutes
- EDK Services-Evan resignation discussion/acceptance; copy into minutes
- Office Printer status
- Follow up discussion on Long Term Plans-Land
- Emergency Contingency Plans; Research on remind.com-Debbie; Generator was asked about by customer
- Round Table Topics –Alston; Reliant contract
- Announcements – Next SWSC Meeting Fri., May 14, 2021.
- Future Agenda Items- Long term #11; Contractors #9-10; Insurance review May
Karen Crain President (979) 241-1297