Notice and Agenda
Selkirk Water Supply Corporation Bi-Monthly Meeting
Posting Date on or before – January 11, 2022
The Board of Directors of Selkirk Water Supply Corporation, a non-profit corporation organized under Texas Water Code Chapter 67, located in the community of Selkirk Island in Matagorda County, Texas hereby gives notice in accordance with the Texas Government Code, section 551 et seq, that the board meeting is to be held at the Selkirk Island Volunteer Fire Station, 1203 County Road 243, Bay City, Texas on Friday, January 14, 2022 at 6:00 PM.
Due to Covid numbers rising the Board is offering ZOOM, as well as IN PERSON, for those interested. This is the link to join the Zoom meeting:
Meeting ID: 755 3781 8578
1. Meeting Called to Order by President Karen Crain; Quorum
2. Visitors Introduced
3. Approve November`12, 2021 Minutes as sent to Directors
4. Operator’s Reports and Board questions
• Jobs completed; Timeframe
• Issues with well #2- still leaking from freeze; Mercer needed; Timeframe
• Testing for 2021 complete; Testing sites for E coli and Coliform sampling was changed on DWW to Flush points. Has TCEQ been notified? Required to be in our Monitoring Plan and Operations Manual. We need the list Willie plans to use with some sort of addressing. (For emergency, etc.)
• Willie’s input on EPP
5. Office Manager Reports (emailed for prior review)
• RVS; Past Due; Water loss for Oct. 14.58%, for Nov. 9.14%, for Dec 14.18%
• Financial Spreadsheet;
• Report on other Operator jobs;
• Reports Due- Sales Tax (1-20); 1099’s to CPA by end of Jan; Tier II (3-1);Water Use Survey (3-1);
6. Treasury balances- Debbie verified from Bank Statements and spreadsheets; Sent to Directors
7. Discussion and decision on moving forward with hiring another Operator to complete our jobs on the lists and repairs #2 well; Electrical upgrade for Generator; Move Flush valves
8. Discussion and decision on Owner water leak NOT fixed in Sect 2 which cannot use his water at all; Operator is responsible for delay.
9. Update for Emergency Preparedness Plan -Due Feb 1.
• Discussion on Dwight Vavra and Willie Griffith input from Karen
• Land needed for placement of Generator, pad, etc.; Discussion with HOA/Rec. Comm. and attorney for legal paperwork; survey
• Drought Contingency Plan incorporated into EPP
10. Update on Emergency Notification Software
• Hyper Reach and Matagorda County partner
11. Discussion and decision on Budget Proposal for 2022-Walter
12. Annual Meeting March 11, 2022 reminders- Selection of Auditor/Tabulator needed;
Director applications due-Tues. Jan 25, 2022; Election packet to be mailed with ballot, return envelopes, bios, and Meeting Notice/agenda by Feb. 9, 2022 (30 days prior to meeting). Water bill mailed separately. If no election is held the Resolution and Meeting Notice/agenda can be mailed with water bill included. Directors approved all election documents including a Resolution if needed during the November meeting.
13. Round Table Discussions
14. Next Meeting–Annual Meeting of Members —March 11, 2022 at 6pm; Reg. Business Meeting to follow and Election of Officers
15. Future agenda items: Need to update our Monitoring plan and Operations Manual. Some information included in EPP.